The First One - The toughest one

Well, this is my first blog and I'm kinda clueless about where to start from. Anyway here I go. It's gonna be about my first event as the President of Youva OU (OU's NGO).

It was almost 40 days(not accurate :P) since I became the President of Youva OU. The first question people asked me was what we were gonna do next. I used to take some time and tried to come up with the best answer I could come up with. And I did come up with one. POKER FACE! No matter how many times people asked me what's next that was the only answer I would give them. Not that I had no ideas. I had a few ideas. Half of them weren't possible at that point of time. The other ideas, according to the feedback I got, weren't possible at all. I started feeling I was a total failure and I let down people who had the faith that I'd do something. I  realized the hardest part of doing anything is beginning it. The first step is the most difficult step. I had reached a point where I began wondering why I was chosen the President in the first place. It's weird when people address you as President. Anyway it was 40 days and I was under pressure to do something. And then it happened. Thank you Ganesha for the inspiration. Actually it was the calendar which gave me the idea. It was August 19 - exactly 10 days left for Ganesh Chathurthi. There's a school called OU Model School. Once upon a time in Hyderabad we had promised we would do something for them. The time had finally come. The idea was to educate the kids about the importance of clay Ganesha idols and actually get them to make their own idols. The problems we had -
 1. The permission from the school authorities 
2.Clay(procuring it wasn't as easy as we thought it'd be)
 3.Time
If we could do anything then 23rd was the ideal date. So only 4 days. Luckily everything was ready by then, thanks to my loyalists( I love calling them that way. I feel it's cool). And the day finally arrived. I was expecting some 20 odd students to participate. I was overwhelmed when there were over 50 students. So we all got the kids to make the idols and spreading awareness simultaneously. It was fucking amazing to see all those kids making the idols with loads of enthusiasm. Their creativity, their zeal (basically everything about them) was just fantastic. I donno who'd have won the award for the best idol but if there was an award for the worst idol of the day then the verdict would have been unanimous. I'd have won that definitely (Makes me feel great for I was the only one worthy of an award :P). The best part of the day was we taught the teachers how to make idols( Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!). The bottom line of the story - the day was a huge hit that left me with loads of memories.I'll post a few pics.
Personally, I had my placement on 21st and 22nd(which I screwed in the end) and my project seminar on the 25th. No preparation as usual(what else do you expect from an Engineering student) and I also had loads of crap inside my head as a bonus. It wouldn't have been possible without my loyalists( LOVE YOU ALL). My loyalists have a name - Y.E.S ( Youva Elite Squad ;) ). I finally managed to take the toughest step - the first step and now I feel I've done something. Hell Yeah! My name's Chaitanya Karthik and I'm the President of Youva OU  





























P.S : You can help too. Contact us at  www.youva.co

Comments

Popular Posts