Hail the lies!

PS: Amit Kumar

I lied to her again.
Just like every time.
I know I shouldn't be doing that.
But I don't feel guilty about it
Not anymore.
Why should I?
There was this one time when
Truth was the only thing that I offered her
But she turned it down saying
she didn't like the taste of it.
Should I let the truth go by the wayside?
That was my conundrum.
And I made my decision, albeit a difficult one.
I lied.
I was hesitant at first.
I didn't know how she'd react.
But she smiled.
That was the first time she had smiled in a long time.
I lied for the second time. She smiled again.
This time, she flashed her teeth too.
I kept lying after that.
At first, it was tough for me to do so;
but practice makes a man perfect, isn't it?
I haven't seen her unhappy every since
and I'm glad about it.
I'd seen relationships survive on lies but mine thrived on them.
Funny, isn't it?
You know, I keep wondering all the time
Does she know that I've become the very thing that I hate?
Does she know that I'm not that person she fell in love with?
I might have saved my love but I've lost something really important.
Myself.
One thing about a happy person is that they never ask you how you are.
I wish she asked me how I was so I could finally stop lying but...well, you know.
I don't​ want to lie anymore. I'm tired of it.
I'll just reconcile with the truth.
But will the truth embrace me?
I don't know.
All I know is that I'll make up for it.
I'm telling her the truth even if it means I'll lose her.
Because telling a lie might be easy but living a lie isn't.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts