A Place Called Love



That place, the one they call love, is not an easy place to reach.

They show you dreams of utopia. But they don't tell you about the dystopian lands lying at its contours.

They sing songs about the fairies dancing on the bends of the rainbows. But they're silent about the horrors that lie inside the shadows cast by the rainbows.

They talk about the magnificent garden of flowers, their fragrance reminiscent of the ones that grow in Paradise. But they do not mention that its path goes right through hellfire.

They write poems about the blinding light that exists at the heart of that magical world. But they're too afraid to even think of the darkness that encircles the light.

The light, they say, is where one can find true love.
A love pursued by billions but attained by only a few.
Even the Gods think twice before undertaking the journey to that place.

And I...
I've been on that journey.
I've had my heart broken.
I've had my soul taken away from me.

But...
But my journey is not over yet.
Not until I fill the cracks of my broken heart with that love.
Not until I find my lost soul.

That place, the one they call love, may not be an easy place to reach but if I had to drag myself all the way through the netherworld just so I could get a glimpse of that light, I'd do it with a smile on my face.

And so... my journey continues.


© OkayCkay

Comments

Popular Posts