Rescue


For years, I had believed that my soul was borne out of the hands of The Devil.
He needed someone to play His wicked games with and so, I came to life.
Although I had resigned myself to my fate, the thought that I had to endure this ordeal all by myself made me feel miserable, which was worse than the pain.
But this was until I met her.

It didn't take me long to look beyond her smile, that had no traces of life, and see her for what she was - another tormented soul.
When the scars that adorned the contours of her soul screamed in pain, I found them resonating with my own.
I realized that I had been living in denial all the time.
No, I wasn't lonely.
No, I wasn't the only one gasping for that one breath of relief.
With the realization, I felt lighter, albeit not entirely.
The pain did not disappear but the clouds of misery did and for me, that itself was a rendezvous with salvation.

I ran my fingers over her wounds and kissed her scars with all the love I could muster.
A love, existence of which, I was previously oblivious to.
And when I did, she hugged me and graced me with whispers of gratitude for rescuing her soul.
Did I really rescue her soul?
I don't know.
All I know is that in doing so, I had liberated mine.

© OkayCkay



P.S. I know there are cobwebs around here. I'll try to be more active than I was.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts